Teacher Training Program
Participating colleges nominate faculty members for the teacher training program.
Prerequisites for the faculty nominees
- Interest in the career of teaching.
- Aptitude to learn programming.
- Ready to do hands-on.
- 4+ years of teaching experience.
- Ready to offer the Certificate in IT course to the students of the respective college.
- Nominees preferably from CS and IT streams.
All the selected candidates/mentors undergo a training program in the IIIT-H campus.
The mentors will be trained in the following modules
- CIT Modules
- Productivity tools
- Open source tools like Mediawiki, moodle, SVN and redmine
- Office tools
- Assessment training
Training in the operational procedures of the Certificate in IT training program
Soft skills training
Talks by the Professors of IIIT-H.
- Art of mentoring
- Learning styles
- Dr. Pradeep Ramancharla, Session on Human values
- Ms. Kavitha Vemuri, Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Maj.Gen.Dr.R.K.Bagga , Introduction to IIIT
- Dr.Venkatesh Choppella, Principles of programming
- Dr. Prasad Pingali, Information Retrieval
- Dr. K. Viswanath, Fun with computers
- Dr.Vikram Pudi, Data Mining
Food and accommodation for the faculty nominees will be supported by IIIT-H.
- The teacher training program is platform to meet faculty from various engineering college. This helps in networking and provides opportunities for collaboratively working on course content etc.
- Different clubs of the faculty's interest can be formed and this leads to an exponential learning curve.
- The faculty can visit the various research centers in IIIT-H and interact with the Professors, thus sharing valuable knowledge.
- The faculty can attend talks by ‘Invited speakers’ which are held at IIIT-H.
- The faculty can also know about the different workshops that are held in IIIT-H.
- The faculty can contribute to
- Content development
- Tools development
Fun to do Environment
- The faculty can choose to form clubs of common interest like the sports club, dance club, fun club, book reading club and more.
- The faculty can take a break with a game of table-tennis table right there in the lab.
- They can enjoy watching movies which are screened at regular periods (once a week).
- Outings can be planned with the team.
- Celebrate different events with the team.
The faculty nominees will be guided by mentors that help them learn-by-doing. A faculty to mentor ratio of 1:10 is followed.
The faculty nominees are expected to clear the assessments at the end of each module with mastery level learning.